Skip to main content

Introduction

Hello!

My name is Allison Gonzalez and I am a very excited student delegate for the Canadian Federation  of University Women (CFUW) to the 62nd Commission on the Status of Women (CSW62), which will be taking place in New York City at the United Nations Headquarters.

Before we get into this, however, I will introduce myself!

I was born in Bogota, Colombia but have lived in Canada since 1999. I am currently attending an amazing university and will graduate with a major in Political Science and a minor in Policy Studies.

I love people;
I love policy;
I love governance;
Not because I think any of them to be perfect, but because of their potential.

Policy and governance allow me to both problem solve complex challenges as well as help to find solutions for my community and the people within it.  Growing up I wanted to be a part of the the foreign service and although I have not abandoned those dreams, I am currently working towards becoming a policy analyst for the provincial or federal governments of Canada, and even the private sector.

While in New York, I will be doing my best to write a blog post at the end of each day. I will focus the majority of my posts on highlighting my favourite sessions, or on the key messages I took away from that day.  However, things may change as I discover my way through the UN, New York, and of course CSW62!


As a disclaimer, I have a feeling that, as the week goes on and I continue to submit new posts about my time in New York, I'll return to my previous posts and add new thoughts to them as I process and reflect! These additions will be italicized so that readers know that it's an after thought.


I hope you enjoy my first blog!


Comments